Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Pod" Pie

You know how sometimes your littles pronounce something completely wrong but you love it so cannot bring yourself to correct it... That's the deal here. My son is now 8 and for whatever reason he calls pot pies, pod pies. I love this so much and I giggle out loud every time he says it! The best part is this happens to be one of his favorite things to eat, and has been asking for it for two weeks now! It is one of my yummiest recipes but I am not the best crust maker, so not my favorite to cook. However last night I gave in and finally worked it into our menu. I hope you love it as much as we do! Oh, and I have to give credit where credit is due, so Thank You Adrienne for introducing this to me when I had Penny! It is now my favorite to share when mommies come home from the hospital!

 Either use Pillsbury crust, or make your favorite crust and set aside
1/3 c butter
1/3 c onion chopped
1/3 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2/3 c milk
2 chicken breasts
2 c frozen veggies thawed
Cook chicken breasts (I have grilled, and boiled mine and both are delicious) and cut into bite size
Heat oven to 425
Melt butter and cook onions til tender. Add flour, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Gradually add Broth and Milk. Finally add chicken and veggies. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes (until top of crust is golden brown and inside pie is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes then serve.
Just a side note, make sure you let stand or your pie will be too runny and you'll lose it trying to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment