Friday, July 29, 2011

Turkey Tacos

 I realize Turkey sounds a bit odd for tacos but let me explain... A many few years ago I (like when I was 5 or so) I decided I was no longer a meat eater. This continued for most of my life until I begn dating Corey. His family was totally flabbergasted by this and every time we ate together they tried to convince me to eat meat! After I found out I was pregnant with Abe all I wanted to eat was Meat! AAAHHH!!! This was so beyond something I could do, but the further I went into my pregnancy, the more I realized I could no longer fight the longing for a good burger. So I caved! I enjoyed every bit of burger, fried chicken, and Sunday Roast I could. Then after baby I was back to no meat, just the thought of it made me gag. As we began raising our littles I decided that not cooking meat was just not fair for them or my sweetheart but alas, I could not bring myself to cook Hamburger. A friend turned me on to ground turkey as a substitute, and I have not looked back!

So now you see, if you have not tried Turkey you should. It is not only healthier for you, but it can take the place of hamburger in most situations and taste just as good.

Turkey Tacos
1 Lb ground turkey
1 can tomato sauce
1 small can green chiles
1 packet taco seasoning.
(I always add a little more chili powder because thats just how I like it!)

In a skillet cook turkey, add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
I like my meat really crumbly so as it cooks continue to break up the meat
Add sauce, seasoning and chiles turn pan to low so it simmers
Allow meat to continue cooking until most of liquid is cooked down making sure you stir so sauce coats all meat

Add your favorite taco fixins' and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment